W HOLLYWOOD HOTEL & RESIDENCES | HOLLYWOOD CA
The W Hollywood Hotel and Residences is located on one of the most iconic intersections in the world, Hollywood and Vine. The $350 million project is noted as the largest privately financed real estate project in California’s history.
A decadent project, developed by Gatehouse Capital Corporation and the principles of VSV, the W Hollywood Hotel & Residences features 305 hotel rooms and 143 residences–most of which offer stunning views of the glittering Hollywood Hills. It is contemporarily designed and houses the 6,000 square foot Dauphine Restaurant, a 4,500 square foot Bliss Spa, 20,000 square feet of neighborhood oriented retail, a 10,000 square foot rooftop pool escape that is operated by Victor Drai, and the nationally celebrated Drai’s nightclub.
The project was delivered to a LEED Silver Certification with full integration to the Los Angels Metro Red Line Station.
A list of the awards this project has won is as follows:
- Los Angeles Business Council Architecture awards “Green Building” 2008
- Green Building Award, Un-built, 2008 – Global Green USA Millennium Awards
- Los Angeles Business Journal Commercial Real Estate awards “Outstanding project” 2009
- Hotel World network Hospitality Awards “Best local promotion” 2010
- Building Team of The Year, 2010 – Designstudio LTD, The American Institute of Architects, Los Angeles Chapter
- Green Building Environmental Leadership Award 2010 – Global Green USA Millennium Awards
- Los Angeles Business Council Architecture Awards “Best multi-family development” 2010
- Los Angeles Business Journal Commercial Real Estate awards “Most creative hospitality developer” 2010
- Starwood Hotels and resorts “New Build luxury Hotel of the Year” 2010
- Hotel Design “Lifestyle Hotel of the Year” 2011